Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yeah, no work today!

Have I mentioned how much I dread going to my job? I'd much rather be able to sit here at home with Khaila, even if that meant spending the nights slaving away to make some money while she sleeps. And yes, I do know that I'd be nuts and want to work if I was at home. It's the ultimate case of "the grass is greener" I guess! It's been fun this morning with Khaila, watching Little Einsteins, playing with her new toys, and now she's shunning me and just wants some alone time. Seriously, she goes into the bedroom, gets up on the bed and just relaxes sometimes. And if we try to get her down, she FREAKS! But when her "alone time" is done, she comes back out and is ready to go again! The upshot is that gives me some alone time to get some designing done, maybe a little scrapping too.

I haven't been doing as much scrapping as I want to do which is sad. I've been so busy trying to get ready to put stuff in a new store that the time slips away and it's time for bed, work, or family stuff without a layout done. Hopefully it'll settle down a bit and I can get to scrapping again.

Why is it that when I don't have my camera Khaila does something adorable? I loaned my camera to a friend who is getting ready for her first grandchild's and doesn't have a digital, so I loaned her mine. And of course Khaila's being a total ham this morning! Her new fascination is a hat that my mom knit for her. She had to put it on for breakfast (very cute w/ her "boy" jammies) and now she's got it on again. Hopefully she'll still like it after Sylas is born and I can get some cute pics!

I'm off to actually do some scrapping, but before I go, I wanted to share my two newest kits! I think my style is really changing and I hope someone else will like the results as much as I do!

Forever My Valentine

Comfy Cozy
Both are available at The Daily Scrap!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful kits Heather! And I never have a camera for the really cute stuff either. Sigh.

Petra said...

Lovely kits...Like the greens in comfy cozy, looks great!!

Hopefully your precious one will still wear the hat we you get your camera back...

Have a great sunday!!

Melanie said...

Those kits are just gorgeous! :) I never have my camera next to me when my kids are doing cute things either. LOL... By the time I get to it, the moment has passed! :)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Helena said...

I really like the colors in the valentine kit!