Friday, January 19, 2007

Time for more meaningful blogging...

I have about an hour before Rick gets home from work and it's time for a break from designing! I found a sudden spurt of mojo and I have to MAKE myself break away a bit.

Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words about all the stuff going on right now. As for the truck, hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow and I won't be "grounded" anymore. About the job, I'm actually getting used to it. My boss has no kids, it's a large corporation, and apparently the attendance rules are set in stone. Have a young child with repeated ear infections, your own illnesses from being stuck in an office with no ventilation long enough, and your attendance WILL suffer. There's nothing I can do about that other than keep on keeping on and not letting her get to me. And as for the store, I can't say just yet where I'm going, but as I mentioned earlier, it's one of my dream stores and I couldn't be happier! I'm already part of the designers' message group, and let me tell you, these women seem to be some of the nicest out there! I truly wonder how I got so blessed to have two great stores to be part of!

I actually did some scrapping tonight. I entered the Amazing Digiscrap Race and can't let my wonderful partner down, so I did two layouts tonight. The first is my "book" layout that I was talking about the other day.

View Credits Here

The other layout was for the RAK challenge. Kaylie gave me some pictures of her daughter's dog and asked me to do something for her daughter's graduation from the dog's perspective. It was a challenge, but I think it's a kind of fun layout that is completely NOT my normal style!
View Credits Here


5 comments:

Pea in a Pod said...

Beautiful layout,Heather! And also, it's really great to walk away sometimes..I too have experienced that in scrapping..It will get back, I'm sure ;)

Cheryl said...

Oh, this seems to be a bad week for everyone everywhere. Must be polar pulls are something on the earth. lol. I hope everyone heals quickly and you get your truck back soon and all that good jazz. I enjoyed seeing your layouts.

Lena Brandenburg said...

I love both of your layouts Heather! your blog colors I find very soothing for some-odd reason, too! :)

Sandra Holmes Stanton said...

Your layouts are terrific... love the map with your notes and arrows!

Petra said...

Great LO´s here...Love thf alpha on the bottom one...Have a great weekend!