Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday ramblings...

Tell me what’s wrong with this picture. It’s January 11th, I live in Wisconsin, and across the street from my work, they are MAKING snow for the cross country ski sprints this weekend. Anyone see the problem?? OK, so they’d still have to make some snow because they can’t just let it build up on the streets around the capitol and the skiers couldn’t ski on nasty driven on snow anyway, but they have to make ALL of it. This is pretty much the first time I’ve seen snow in over a month. In Wisconsin. UGH!
It seems strange to be whining about missing the snow. But you know, I’m born and bred here. My birthday is in December. I NEED the snow. Yes, if we were having a normal winter I’d be griping about wanting no more snow by now, but it’s not normal.

Khaila is turning into quite the daddy’s girl, which is very hard now that Rick’s back to working nights. We get home and she starts looking for him. So we wind up calling him so they can talk a little bit. And now in the mornings, she’s going straight to the bedroom when she gets up and wants to climb up and snuggle with daddy. It’s a total pain because she throws a tantrum when I try to get her dressed and cries when we leave. I feel bad because I know she just wants some daddy time, so I’m trying to figure out the best way to handle this.

I’m not going to say anything to jinx myself, but I got a wonderful PM yesterday and may have some exciting news! Let’s just say some of the designers were talking about their “dream stores” and I received a PM from one of mine! Now I’m anxiously waiting to hear where we go from here!

Hobby Lobby at lunch is a BAD thing! Both for the wallet and the diet! I went in to just quick look at a couple of things because I really want to start doing some hybrid stuff and some altered art projects. I didn’t find what I was looking for (hard to do at a sprint pace), but I did manage to spend $35 and ONLY bought magazines! UGH! And I spent just enough time looking there that I didn’t have time to make it to the grocery store to pile on the salad bar, so I ran through McDonalds. The “good” news is that since I’ve been eating healthier, it’s no longer appealing and I bet more of it went in the garbage than my stomach. Guess that’s good for the diet (in a weird sort of way).

No comments: