Sunday, January 28, 2007

The why, not the how

I'm writing this now because 99% of the time if I say "I need to blog about...." I don't.

I've been having a bit of a rough time lately. It's been a long struggle being a WOHM. I would love to be a WAHM but right now I'm having a hard time seeing how that will ever happen. More recently, I've had a bit of a struggle about who I am. The reasons for this are completely silly, things like a sudden shift in the look of the scrapbook layouts I create to the music I'm listening to at the time, to how I do the things I do. It's still a bit to raw to go into in depth, but all of that is to tell you the wonderful reminder I was given tonight.

I was talking so someone who I haven't known very long, but she's quickly become a great friend. I told her that I nervous about a decision that is going to be made this week. She reminded me that I've done what I can do and that I need to put it in His hands now. If the answer is meant to be yes, it will be. If not, there's a reason for that too.
From there I started talking (whining) about how badly I want to be a WAHM. Even though it was because she was sick, I LOVED being home with Khaila last week. And tomorrow at 7am we get back in the swing of things. We get in the van and I take her to daycare before heading off to my job.
Through all of this, I was working on a layout and had shown her the progress. She told me that it was good to scrap and keep my mind off of this decision. To think about the WHY and not the HOW. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

Here's the layout I was working on...


Credits: Ashley Olson's Baby Girl Big Kit and Misty Mareda's Scruncy Blooms from The Digi Shoppe, Toni Berman's Stamp the Day brushes from My Digital Muse, my template from Scrapbook Elements, and Jayne Print font.

2 comments:

cloggie68 said...

How your wish is my wish...What a coincidence to meet you on the blog train. I am having the same wish, to stay at home and take care of my kids but I do WANT (and need) to work.... if it could only be something I could do during school hours.... or at least at home! I think something will come for us when we need it the most! Good luck and keep scrapping, your work is wonderful!

Theresa said...

You know, I'm struggling with this too. But I talked to a good friend of mine who is a SAHM. She told me that if I want to be home, the time to do it is when they're teenagers; when they actually need you the most. So I am now on the 7-year plan to be able to stay home and work out of my house before my first goes off to high school.