Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Pass the toothpicks!

I'm going to NEED them for my eyes today. Khaila woke up about 12:30 SCREAMING. Rick brought her in to me and she wanted no part of that, she head butted me and then got down and came out to find daddy. He tried putting her back to bed because she was acting tired (duh) and she started screaming again. I came out to get her and he checked her bed to see if she'd gotten sick. I was out in the (dark) kitchen with her, but just from the light coming out of her room we could see that her face was RED. And not like "I've been screaming" red, but that bright, orangish red that screams rash of some sort. Rick called the nurse line and they said to call her ped first thing this morning and give her some Tylenol. Her face must've hurt because anytime we went near it to feel the rash (or whatever it is) she'd flinch away. And sure enough, she was back up as soon as that Tylenol wore off. This is the same girl who I normally have to wake up and she resists. She's like mommy, she likes her sleep! Now she's curled up on the couch watching JoJo's Circus all wrapped up in her blankets.
I'm sure my boss isn't going to be happy that at the very least, I'm going to be late today. Today is one of the few days that our sitter watches another kid so I absolutely can not take her in to daycare until we talk to the ped and find out what they think is going on. It's now pretty much the lower half of her face.
This is the part that I absolutely HATE about being a working mom. I have to feel guilty for NOT going to work because Khaila may not be able to go to daycare. That's just twisted! And then I feel guilty if she doesn't feel good and I *do* go to work because then I'm not taking care of my girl. It doesn't help that I've already been told that unless my attendance improves I'll basically never be able to put my name in for a promotion. Oh well. I will ALWAYS be mom first and employee second, so if that means I'm stuck at the help desk forever, so be it!

Here's a layout I made last night using one of the kits I picked up yesterday. It's using Lena's Sweet Nothings kit and a template from Jen Caputo. I loved the kit when I saw it, and I love it even more now! The embroidered swirl is great and I LOVE the flowers!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..I'm so sorry about Khaila. {Hugs to you} Take care and hope everything goes back into normal soon..

Anonymous said...

Oh yikes! I hope she's going to be okay! It must be pretty terrible if a girl that normally sleeps won't! Don't feel guilty about not going to work. Your baby needs you more than they do :)

Anonymous said...

Hope Khaila is okay again. I can imagine how stressfull it can be to be a working mom

Melanie said...

Awww...I hope she's back to normal quick! And you hit the nail on the head...you're a mommy first...all the rest doesn't matter. {{HUGS}}

BTW...I tagged you! Check out my blog: http://melanielemonyr.blogspot.com/

Lena Brandenburg said...

Heather...I feel ya! I'm so sorry that you're going to be walking around like a zombie today...those days, as a mother, can be very challenging! So, I'll be thinking of you!

Maggie Lamarre said...

I'm sorry about khaila, it's always a catch 22 when you have a sick child , and most employers these days don't care either.
I'll pray for you.
Maggie