Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hump Day ramblings




Khaila…
18 months! Wow, where has the time gone? I seriously can not believe how fast Khaila has gone from this adorable baby who slept, ate, and pooped, into this little girl who is walking, talking (non-stop), and trying to show me how independent she can be all the time. Granted, I’m wondering if I’ll live to see two at this point (let’s just say it’s been a trying week on mommy’s nerves), but every minute is worth it! Her latest words are diaper, eat, gurt (yogurt), shoe, and hat. That’s by no means all of the words, just the newest ones.

Amazing Digiscrap Race…
This week, the first challenge is to journal about a book. I knew immediately which book I’m going to do my layout about. This book TRULY changed my life with ONE sentence. It’s not a deeply profound and meaningful sentence, but it helped me feel connected to home when I was away from home (600 miles) for the first time in my life. I’d always lived close to my family, so being so far away was unusual for me. In the epilogue to “Theory of Relativity” by Jacquelyn Mitchard, one of the character is writing a report for school and writes about moving to Oregon, “the town, not the state”. That one sentence helped me. The Oregon the author is speaking of is my hometown. And only someone from Oregon knows how funny that sentence is. To this day, I still find my self quickly adding “the town, not the state” any time I’m telling someone where I’m from. That sentence made me feel that I wasn’t so alone. There was someone who understood me, even if it was a character in a work of fiction.

Rambling…
Sometimes it’s very hard to bite your tongue. To stay out of things that really aren’t your business. I’m sure anyone who frequents one particular site I visit on a regular basis knows who/what I’m talking about here. I’m not naming the site only because if there ARE people who don’t go there, I don’t want them to get a false sense of what the site is about or what it’s like based on the current “drama” that’s going on.
Why do some people feel the need to complain for the sake of complaining? Why should there be one post regarding customer service and charity kits and the next morning, another thread, started by the same person about customer service in general? Is customer service important? Heck yeah! But why should they be two separate issues? Not only that, but why are they issues that don’t seem to exist for others???
It just really irritates me that this person has now brought up the lousy service she receives two days in a row? I will continue to bite my tongue (on the boards) about the fact that it truly feels like this person is itching for a good fight and is going to do her best to stir things up. On the other hand, it’s becoming comical, I’m wondering if we’ll have a new daily thread on the latest place that’s giving her bad service. Good Lord, I hope not!


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Such sweet pictures! They grow up so fast, don't they!

Janet said...

Yes, they grow up fast! It's sad! My littlest guy is nine months today and I cannot believe it!

And about that "certain site." Yea, it's bad. But the same person did it at times when we were all at 2Peas. It's too bad. She has point but with that attitude it isn't going to do much for her.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures of your little lady. She's so dang cute! Also I didn't realize there was another thread about customer service from her. sheesh.

Lena Brandenburg said...

Awww, great photos! It does go by tooooooo quickly :(